Throughout my life, I have been lucky enough to have three "Great Loves". Each one greater than the one before. The thing about a "Great Love", is that the dreams don't ever end. The heart never fully recovers. Sure, the longer you are separated, the duller the the pain of losing them becomes, but you never forget a "Great Love". The pain of losing them, is never completely washed away. My first one ended almost 20 years ago. Yet still, she will creep into my mind on occasion. And when she does, so do all the memories. While I still hurt over the memory of losing her, I love the feeling that all the other memories bring me. Of course, like any other wound, the fresher it is, the more it hurts. The easier it is for the stitches to break. But I am lucky, especially with my last "Great Love". I have gotten the chance to really love someone. Someone once really loved me too, and that,....
....is a miracle.
I'm Just Saying
~SB~
No comments:
Post a Comment